AaronD12

My new Niro EV is my 3rd EV

Some of you may recognize my username from the myimiev.com and mynissanleaf.com boards. Well, this week I made the jump to a Niro EV. (Damn these things are hard to come by!)

As I get some more miles under my belt, I'll give a good comparison review between the three EVs I've owned. Stay tuned!

AaronD12

Re: My new Niro EV is my 3rd EV

My thoughts of the Niro EV so far:
  • My former EVs, the Mitsubishi i-MiEV and Nissan LEAF just don't compare to the driving experience in the Niro EV. I do prefer the rear-wheel drive of the i-MiEV, but don't miss the 67 horsepower motor or 16kWh battery.
  • The Niro is about as quiet as the LEAF inside at highway speeds. The reduction gear seems quieter in the Niro, though.
  • Handling with the Niro is on-par with the LEAF after I replaced the LEAF's stock garbage wheels and tires. The stock Niro wheels and tires are great. Apparently the Tesla Model 3 uses the same tires.
  • Crosswind stability seems a little better than the LEAF and light years better than the i-MiEV. Living in windy Texas, this means a lot to me.
  • The range of the LEAF was understated by quite a bit. The range of the Niro was understated a LOT! I charge the Niro to 80% all the time and still see 230-240 miles of range. I charged it when new to 97% and saw 277 miles of range on the GOM.
  • Rear seat room is on par with the LEAF; rear storage is better due to the regular square-back shape of the Niro.
  • The seats, when adjusted properly, are more comfortable than the LEAF's. This is comparing the base model LEAF to the base model Niro EV.
admin
Site Admin

Re: My new Niro EV is my 3rd EV

Aaron, thanks for sharing your experiences! Glad to hear that the range seems to be underestimated.

How accurate do you find the GOM?

Return to “Pictures, Videos of the Niro Plug-in Vehicles”