TexasNiroEV

808 miles in my Niro EV in one day

Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:51 pm

I thought I might share with you one day in the life of my Niro EV. Last December I traveled by interstate from Socorro, NM to Fort Worth, TX in one day. The total distance was 808 miles in this one day, which was part of a 2,080 mile trip that I made in four days.

I traveled the speed limit the whole way on that long day except for the first leg. The first leg was 201 miles and the temperature was well below freezing so I kept my speed down to 60 mph. I made six consecutive CCS fast charging stops, I typically charged from 10% to 60% and my charging rate always peaked out at about 75 kW after the battery warmed up.

This would have been a challenging day even in a gas car but there wasn't a hint of the Niro EV traction battery getting hot. The Niro EV is definitely living up to it's billing. I have no regrets for abandoning my one year old 2018 Nissan Leaf and going with the 2019 Niro EV last year.

RobertViz

808 miles in my Niro EV in one day

Tue May 12, 2020 1:20 pm

When I try to select any day other than the next day for delayed charging it just sets to the next day and ignores my choice. How do you get it to set delayed charging for other days?

Return to “Batteries and Charging”